Dear Parents and Guardians,
Your child(ren) are participating in an exciting reading-incentive program,
REACH FOR THE STARS!!! The goal is to motivate your children to read,
Keep them reading, and then reward them with BOOKS that grab their attention!!
Your child will be rewarded with books for participating. Participation in this program involves:
- Collecting pledges from friends, neighbors, and relative supporting their reading activity.
- Reading (or being read to) over the coming two-week period: Feb 22nd – March 4th
- At the end of the two-week period, the pledges will be collected and turned into your child’s teacher.
Pledges are due March 11th.
- At that time, your child will get a voucher totaling 50% of their collected pledges to spend at the book fair during conferences.
- Participate in the 10-10-10 challenge! Read 30 minutes a day for 10 days, collect 10, $10 pledges for a total of $100 in pledges and get a bonus $10 in free books!
Your school receives the other 50% in pledges collected in books for the school library and classrooms.
100% of the money goes back to your school! It is a win for everyone! Example: Collect $100 and earn $50 in books + extra $10 = $60 voucher.
Please help your child in this program!! Encouraging them to read, or reading to them ad helping them collect their pledges.
Your child will have the privilege of choosing new books to take home!
Check out some amazing books online at OpenUsborneBooks.com to see what they are working to earn!
Usborne Books will be on display and available to purchase and redeem vouchers during conferences on March 17th and 18th.